By Reverend Alex Titus
Pastor, Fedha Church KAG
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
The Bible says in John 8:32: "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Before Confucius died, he said, "I am not the way." Buddha said, "Seek for the truth." But Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." He also added in John 15:1, "I am the true vine."
The Son of God
Many people claim to be Jesus the Messiah, yet Jesus did not come pronouncing to the people who He was. Rather, His Father announced Him.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
It is not your mandate to go telling people the title you carry, but He who is true and called you will pronounce you publicly. He will also cause your enemies to announce you, even on the top of hills.
Matthew 27:37
And they put up over His head the accusation written against Him: THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
He Is the Light of Men, and Darkness Cannot Comprehend It
John 1:4-9
In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
We are all born sinners, since sin entered the world through one man Adam, and darkness has filled our lives until the time we come to the knowledge of understanding that Jesus Christ became the light of men.
He Is the Creator
John 1:1-3, 10
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
From the beginning, Jesus is the Creator, and no one has ever replaced Him. People are trying to create anything—for example, robots, people-like vehicles—and others say that man just happened and was not created, all just to prove to man that there is no God. But it remains that Jesus is the author of it all. No matter how wise you are, no one has ever become wiser than Solomon, who tried all things and said it is vanity of vanities, like chasing the wind without God.
He Is the Way and Gate to Heaven
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
Just as a physical gate protects sheep at night, Jesus protects believers and offers them "life to the full."
John 10:7-9
Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."
Jesus made it very clear to us that He is the gate to heaven. No one will enter His Father's kingdom if they have not believed in Him.
He Is the Bread and Water of Life
John 6:32-35
Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." Then they said to Him, "Lord, give us this bread always." And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst."
Jesus speaks to the woman at the well: "I am the water of life, and whoever drinks from Me will not thirst again."
John 4:7-19
A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, "Give Me a drink." For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans. Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." The woman said to Him, "Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water? Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?" Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw." Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come here." The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You have well said, 'I have no husband,' for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly." The woman said to Him, "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet."
We can look for water that can quench our thirst, but it is only until we allow Jesus to become that water we are desperately looking for. Otherwise, we will die thirsty.
Comments
Post a Comment